Layout

Monday, December 2, 2013

We did it…We really did it!

You may have heard, but we did it. We actually hosted our first married holiday at our home. We had almost 30 people at our house on Thanksgiving for lunch and games. I think when we originally claimed this event, we weren't quite sure what it would be like…But it surpassed all my expectations.



People from my family, Ben's family, and some of our family friends all gathered in our living room, squished into 3 long tables for a pot-luck feast, intense laughter and a time to give thanks. It was truly one of the best holiday celebrations I've ever shared. We all spent about 6 hours at my house eating, chatting, drinking, playing corn hole, and just laughing. I felt like every single person there was grateful to be there. We each spent our time being present talking to one another. We enjoyed moments of visibly loving each other.

Whether it was bonding over football and getting a moment to kick back on the couch and REST

Or chasing a cute kid around the yard…

Or sneaking into another room for a well-deserved nap…

Or just playing a whole lot of corn hole…






On this thanksgiving day, my living room, my yard, my porch, my belly, and my soul were full.
Full of more love than I could've ever imagine. I was overwhelmed by the hugs, the laughs, and the love. Be still my soul..I was overwhelmed.

So yes, I am pretty proud of Ben and myself for working our tails off for three days straight cleaning and for organizing a shindig this fun…But I am so much more grateful for those who came and brought insane amounts of food..

For loved ones that skyped us from across the country…

For the hard working women that cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom so Ben and I wouldn't have to…I mean seriously, they cleaned every single dish. Incredible.

I'd definitely say it was a success..thankful to those 28 loved ones. 
Thankful that you all filled my porch. Love ya'll.






No comments:

Post a Comment