Layout

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Whole New World

I'm baaaccck. Sorry about the six month hiatus, but I was a tad preoccupied with my last semester of college and working my new job. But I'm back, I'm energized and I have a lot to say! :)

6-Month Update: Moved from Hamilton in to an apartment right smack-dab in the middle of town (which I am obsessed with). Started working as the new Administrative Assistant at Calvary Christian High School meanwhile Ben found a new full-time job within Chick fil a that he adores. I finished up my last semester of my undergraduate degree and got another job waitressing at Country's. (So, come see me y'all!) And GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE. I repeat...GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE. That's right folks, I did it. 

I am thrilled to be transitioning into such an exciting, fun new phase of life yet I am already devastated to move away from the Hill, my home away from home. LaGrange was such a special place for me the past four years. It was my haven as I evolved into adulthood. It will be sorely missed as well as the people who significantly impacted my life. 

But here I go...A college graduate, an L.C. alumni, a full-time employee, a wife of 9 months, an adult, a daughter, a friend, a soon-to-be graduate student, a lover of learning,  an adventure-seeking, book-reading, peace-keeping, citizen of the world.

I love being here. In this place where potential abounds, possibilities are endless and the world seems to be just waiting for me to jump in. I finally feel prepared to begin. I am smart enough to know I'll never be too full of knowledge. I am strong enough to take risks. I am bold enough to share. I am loved enough to fall. I am transformed. 

I hope my future will be deep, rich and full of awe, learning, loving, and wonder. I set out aiming to fulfill the famous Wesleyan words to "Do all the good I can, in all the ways I can, by all the means I can, in all the places I can, to all the people I can, as long as I ever can."

How beautiful it is to bask in the beginning when you know it's only dawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment