Layout

Friday, November 15, 2013

A Few Fun Facts

There is this game of sorts floating around Facebook, where someone gives you a number and you post that amount of facts that people don't know about you as your status. I did this for fun the other day with 8 facts…but I decided there was a fun blog underneath there somewhere.

I think understanding who you are and investigating the life you lead is important and I think it's powerful and fun to be able to proudly speak about who you are. So, I don't want this to be a narcissistic blog going on and on about myself, but more of an opportunity to share my story with my sweet readers who take their time to read my ramblings in the first place.

So I present to you: A Few Fun Facts about me that maybe will help you get to know who I really am.

 I love a good joke. So, I have no problem poking fun at others or myself… as I will prove in this blog.

I have completely irrational fears. It really is a problem. I'm a little pessimistic..always considering what could go wrong. When Ben and I went snorkeling-I just knew I would be the one person on the trip to get bit by the poisonous, rare fish and die…or inhale a ton of water in my mask and drown.. That kind of thing. I don't like small spaces, things that are too hot to touch. I'm always petrified walking down stairs.. whether there are three or 50, I'm confident it will be the end of me.

I am really a child stuck in a big girl body. You know how growing up you want to be something new everyday…Monday, a doctor, tuesday, an astronaut, wednesday, a bus driver, and so on.. Well, I'm 21 and I'm still there. Teacher..Nurse..Therapist..Barista…School Counselor..Small Business Owner. For whatever reason, I just haven't figured it out yet. But I really am in a place where I think that is okay. I feel so confident that God has a plan for me and that He will guide me wherever I'm supposed to go..Maybe it's all of those things or none of those things. We shall see.

I am a deeply relational person. Ben always jokes about how much I crave being around others. I have always been this way.  I like having a lot of different friends in different places and enjoy the challenges that come with sustaining those relationships. I mean I had 12 bridesmaids for cryin' out loud. Point Proven.

I promise I'm one of the most sympathetic people you will meet. I feel bad for killing bugs (except roaches..ew. they don't count.) I think it's a good thing because it challenges me to often put myself in other's shoes…but it can also be a little much sometimes. I'm working on that. :)

My biggest pet peeve on the planet…Get ready.. You ready? When people beat around the bush. I can't stand the politics of being careful to speak the truth around certain people because it may upset others. I need people to just be honest with me…and bluntly honest at that. JUST TELL ME what you are trying to say….. please? :)

I wouldn't consider myself intensely adventurous, since I'm scared of planes, horses, roller coasters…Basically anything bigger than me that goes way too fast. But I am a sucker for a couple kinds of adventure. Really, I like any kind of water adventure. (minus the fears that came from the forementioned snorkeling trip) But if it white water rafting, tubing, water-skiing, jet-skiing, banana boat rides SIGN ME UP! :)

But I would definitely consider myself intensely competitive. I've always been competitive in sports..not only do I not like losing to the other team, but I am usually never satisfied if I don't improve individually either. This competitive spirit translates over into board games, corn hole, and your typical game of tag… but I mean I will honestly turn anything into a competition. (I'm going to thank my Dad for this gene. ;) We both have quite the competitive spirit.) I will wash that dish, file that paper, drive to the store, and find that key better, bigger, AND faster. I can't help it…It's in my blood. 

This might be one some people know…but family is the most important part of my life. I'm thankful to Bill + Jennie McRae instilling this ideal into me daily, but also immensely grateful for my 4 McRae aunts and beautiful Mama who continued illuminating this legacy of love. I'm not generally a defensive or aggressive person..But the one thing that gets me all riled up is protecting my precious family. (Hint Hint: Don't mess with them)

My last fact is the cry of my heart. I really try everyday to find the best way to represent the love and hope that I have found in the Lord. I struggle a lot with finding the right times to speak and the right words to say… But I want everyone to know that I have found a love, a peace, and a soul-satisfying joy from seeking God that I could never possibly explain…and I want so desperately for everyone I know and love to share in this hope as well. 

Thank you all for reading..It just humbles me so. :)

-Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Kelsey. I'm thankful to be in your circle of relationships. Your light shines brightly, whatever you do. Don't worry about that.

    ReplyDelete